Reach Your Costumer Using Article Marketing.
All we know and hear about content marketing, article marketing or information based marketing has become a valuable tool for your business to engage with your costumers.
How Business Owners Can Harness Article Marketing To Become More Customer Centric?
Honestly most people hate online advertising. Think about how quickly you close a hovering website banner ad or skip the opening ads on you tube videos.
Internet marketing and advertising like any advertising is downright intrusive.
The best part of article marketing is that effectively planned and executed you get to provide your target market with article marketing they actually want to see, rather than force your brand and products upon them. It is a subtle but effective marketing tool, provided you have a sound strategy in place.
What Is Article Marketing And Why Is It Effective?
Article marketing describes any media type information pieces made freely available to your readers and without the business owner having to pay for ad placement. In the main, it takes the form of blog posts, independent but relevant articles, videos and podcasts.
It allows you to create dynamic article marketing that will keep your target audience existing and potential customers entertained and informed until they are ready to buy your product or use your service.
Among the benefits of article marketing are that you won’t have to spend money on potentially costly online ad campaigns, while strategically sound writing will increase your search engine ranking. If your article marketing is interesting enough, it will be shared among your customers and cross social networks. This kind of word of mouth endorsement is priceless.
Everything you do will link back to your website, and the larger the audience your information pieces site visit rate will be.
Article Marketing Basics
Plan and strategize your article:There isn’t a one size model when it comes to article marketing. You must identify what will be perceived as valuable by your own customer base and focus on that.
Stay customer focused: Article marketing isn’t about self promotion. Think about what your customers would want to read, and how it can link back to your business. If you get stuck, brainstorm a few themes with colleagues or friends.
Create a content bank: No matter the volumes of content you produce, chances are it won’t be enough. The trick is to recycle older content at appropriate times, by reposting links to older articles or video clips.
Leverage influence: Build relationships with peers and industry journalists and bloggers and get them to share and promote your article marketing.
Share your knowledge: Did you host a conference, or were you a speaker at one? Post a copy of your presentation online, with links back to your website.
Brush up your copywriting skills, or pay a writer: Proper spelling, grammar and punctuation are as important as ensuring your brand has consistent personality, tone and voice.
Start small: It’s better to start small maybe utilizing just blog platform in the beginning rather that pulling out all the stops only to find out that you lack the time to generate regular fresh content and seeing some of your article marketing vehicles stagnate.
Measure and analyse: General audience engagement is good starting point to measure the effectiveness of your campaign. Facebook, Google Analytics and most blogging tools help measure your content’s reach. Knowing your numbers will also empower you to revisit any problem areas.
How To Fix Your Article Marketing Mistakes
- Not having a strategy: Look at your business calendar up to six months in advance, taking not of product launches and important dates, and work them into an integrated communications plan that harnesses all your communication vehicles and engages your customers from start to finish. You shouldn’t just be looking at making a sale, because an effective strategy will turn customer interest into engagement and, ultimately, recommendation.
- Too many cooks: The moment everyone in your business from the board of directors to the CEO, the accountant and Barry from Marketing want to participate in the content generation process, you’re heading into murky waters. Buy-in from all stakeholders is important, but ensure that one person is responsible for what is published, to ensure quality and consistency.
- Generating random content: Article marketing isn’t just the creation and ad hoc maintenance of An online blog or newsletter, but the effective utilization of combination of communication vehicles that will best reach and engage your unique target market.
- Not crediting the source: While constantly providing fresh content is a big win, chances are you will share content from other sources. Always credit them.
- You can’t decide if you’re funny or serious, a friend or guardian: Your brand personality and tone must be established before you roll out your article marketing plan and must br consistent across all communication channels.
- You will blog when you have time: If you have a blog or want tocreate one, be sure to update it regularly, otherwise the power of info graphic.
- You are greedy: The level of customer engagement and consumer endorsement on social networks such as facebook and twitter is much more important than how many followers you have. It’s not just about numbers.
- You are boring: Don’t rely on text alone. Keep things interesting and visual and don’t underestimate the power of infographic.
- Focusing only on article marketing: Article marketing is one weapon in your marketing toolbox. Don’t blow your entire budget on content generation.
- You don’t acknowledge customer engagement: You’ve blogged, posted to Facebook and YouTube and created the best newsletter in years. However, if you don’t answer your audiences questions, respond to comments or actively participating in the dialogue, your content has little value. Your customers want to hear from you. Speak to them.
- You don’t promote your article marketing: Share your content. If you wrote a blog, mention it in your newsletter. Promote your latest YouTube clip on your websites home page. Provide a link to great advice piece on your electronic customer invoices or use a QR code on your printed material. The possibilities are endless.
- You create orphan content: Your content may appear independent, but you still want your customers to visit your website. Add subtle branding and links back to where you want them to go.
- Hey, let’s make a viral video: Every minute of every day over 24 hours some claim up to 60 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube. You can’t just make viral video it is the result of a carefully crafted and executed content and messaging strategy that puts its audience first.
Begin learning how to creat a blog site now and discover a good area online. You can either do it for fun, for cash, for reputation, or for building networks.
Are You Online Blogging For Peanuts !!
Now what I’m about to share with you is unlike everything else you’ll ever find online…
Because, I’ve personally used this strategy just tell me where I send it to you.
Fouzi Bach has 17 years experience offline business, marketing strategy and execution. He builds his first website for fun. He believes that successful marketing campaign is both customer focused and business minded.
Free Download: Click here to start reading my content presell! today.
And then practice what it preaches. Only practice-practice-practice will deliver the actual benefits.
Would you mind giving shout to this post to your friend in face book, twitter and g+? JUST I am trying to give strong and solid content to the community, anything come from you in return I really appreciated.